1535 Richmond Avenue, Suite 3
The overall impact of globalization has driven Europe to become a major market in competition with the Americas and the Asia/Pacific region. Consequently, Europe is a very active source and target of international real estate investment. This is due in part to the size of this region which offers tremendous investing potential.
Upon successful completion of this course, a real estate professional will be able to:
• discuss the social, economic, political, and geographical characteristics of major European countries.
• discuss the history, purpose, and economic impact of the European Union.
• identify important characteristics of certain European real estate markets including influential laws, business culture attributes and real estate/brokerage practices.
• assess opportunities in certain European markets by evaluating significant investment patterns, investor profiles and real estate activity.
• identify ways to develop a business network and start or enhance an international practice with European clients or properties.
• identify ways to promote properties, markets, and professional services.
Knowledge and awareness of basic cultural, political and economic conditions in Europe will enhance a real estate professional’s ability to represent, interact with, and command the respect of clients. The concept of unification is still new and there are many who do not want to lose any more of their national identity. These are important facts to know and understand as you work with customers and clients from affected countries.
Instructor: David Lauster, CCIM, CIPS, CRS
CE Credits: none
Date/time: June 1, 2016 (9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)
Location: Staten Island Board of REALTORS, 1535 Richmond Avenue, Suite 3, Staten Island, NY 10314
Cost: $150 members/$175 non-members
CIPS designation awarded to REALTORS who:
- Pass the required Local Markets and Transaction Tools courses as well as three regional courses.
- Accumulate 100 elective points through various activities or events.
- Submit completed designation application ($75 fee).
- And, maintain CIPS Network membership ($220 annually).
Designees may easily be located at REALTOR.com by consumers and at REALTOR.org/global and through the CIPS Network for referrals. Earn the CIPS and receive:
- The monthly e-newsletter Global Perspectives.
- Customizable marketing materials.
- A smartphone app for conversions and language translation.
- And, invitations to exclusive events.
View designation details at www.realtor.org/global.
Cancellation Policy: A cancellation 10 or more days before a class is subject to a $25 fee. No refund is available for a cancellation made within 10 days of class or for a no show.
Register online today or call NYSAR at 800-239-4432 x219. To register via mail or fax, click here for a registration form in PDF format.