75-35 31st Avenue
Help current and former military service members find housing solutions that best suit their needs and make best use of their available benefits.
Active-duty service members and veterans represent a significant potential client base. Active duty personnel number more than 1.1 million and approximately 70% choose private sector homes for their housing needs. Veterans number more than 22 million. Real estate transactions for relocating military personnel are unique in many aspects.
Instructor: Linda D'Amico, ABR, e-PRO, GRI, HOMES
CE Credit: 6.5 hours
Date/time; October 5, 2016 (8:30 am - 4:30 pm)
Location: Long Island REALTOR Service Center, 75-35 31st Avenue, East Elmhurst, NY 11370
Cost: $125.00 members/$150.00 non-members
How to earn the Military Relocation Professional (MRP) certification:
REALTORS® must complete a pre-class reading assignment, attend the one-day Military Relocation Professional Certification Core Course and pass its final exam, and complete two 1-hour webinars. Upon completion of those requirements, REALTORS® submit application to NAR with $195 application fee. No ongoing dues apply.
Benefits: This one-day certification program offers NAR members a variety of benefits, including:
- Training on how to best counsel U.S. service members and their families to find housing solutions that best suit their needs in a military relocation—called a permanent change of station (PCS)
- Education on how eligible active-duty service members and veterans can leverage VA financing benefits in the purchase of their home
- Differentiation as an MRP at REALTOR.org and realtor.com®
- Access to an exclusive online network to locate other Military Relocation Professionals for referrals and to share ideas
- Use of the MRP logo and marketing materials to promote to consumers and peers
- Quarterly e-Newsletter
Cancellation Policy: A cancellation 10 or more days before a class is subject to a $25 fee. No Refund is available for a cancellation made within 10 days of class or for a no show.
Register online today or call NYSAR at 800-239-4432 x219. To register via mail or fax,click here for a registration form in PDF format.