1. NYSAR gathers the following types of information needed to process your transactions, fulfill your requests, and maintain our membership records:
- Contact information you provide (for example, your personal and business addresses, phone and fax numbers, firm affiliations and titles).
- Tracking information which our Web server automatically recognizes each time you visit one of our sites or communicate with us by email (for example, your domain name, your email address, and what pages you visit).
- Information you volunteer, via applications or surveys (for example, education, designations, specialties, affiliations with other real estate organizations and general demographic data).
2. NYSAR uses this information to:
- Improve and customize the content and layout of our sites and other communications tools, such as our online and print publications.
- Notify you of updates to our sites.
- Notify you of relevant products and services.
- Notify you of upcoming events and programs.
- Compile specialty directories about which you will be made aware.
- Track usage of our sites.
- Assist local REALTOR® associations and affiliated Institutes, Societies, and Councils in membership tracking and for their use for purposes similar to those listed above.
3. Email contact information. NYSAR does not share, sell, or trade email addresses. NYSAR may use your email address to directly send you information and may provide you with online informational or marketing messages that have been approved by NYSAR together with other communications to which you have subscribed.
4. Other forms of contact information. Forms of contact information other than email address (for example, street address) may be listed in the membership directories available on NYSAR.com. NYSAR will not share, sell or otherwise provide this contact information about you except for the following purposes:
- Partners in our Affinity Program for the limited purpose of notifying you of NYSAR-approved promotions.
- Exhibitors at NYSAR functions for the limited purpose of contacting you one time immediately before and after trade shows, through marketing vehicles approved by NYSAR.
- Other vendors for the limited purpose of contacting targeted groups of members, through marketing vehicles approved by NYSAR.
- When required by law or valid legal process, or to protect the personal safety of our members or the public.
- Some or all of the data collected during promotions or contests on our sites that are sponsored by third parties may be shared with the sponsor for the limited purpose of a one-time marketing follow-up by the sponsor. If information about you will be shared with a sponsor you will be notified prior to your participation in the promotion or contest and you can decide not to participate in the promotion or contest.
5. Credit information that you and credit authorizers provide when you make payments by credit card or electronic check for products, dues or other services via electronic transaction will only be used to process the transactions you request. This information will be provided to and maintained by reputable credit reporting databases, but will never be sold, shared or provided to other third parties.
6. NYSAR follows generally accepted standards to protect the information it collects and makes available via its Web sites. NYSAR makes every effort to test their security procedures regularly and modifies them as new technologies become feasible.
7. NYSAR utilizes a strict Opt-Out policy for sending online notifications regarding services, products and programs. You may adjust your Communication Preferences by reviewing your registration at https://nysarportal.ramcoams.net/. Just Login first. Then you can change your preferences.
8. You may edit your personal contact information directly in the NRDS system or by contacting your local REALTOR® association.