NYSAR advocates for REALTORS® and their consumers elevate professional competence, seeks local board collaboration and promote the value of REALTOR® membership and engagement.
The New York State Association of REALTORS® was founded in 1905 as the Real Estate Association of New York State, and for a time was better known as the New York State Association of Real Estate Boards.
Throughout its history, NYSAR has remained consistent in its purpose, yet has progressed and matured with the times. The goal is to assist the association’s members in conducting their business successfully and ethically while promoting the preservation of the right to own, transfer, and use real property.
NYSAR is an indispensable business partner for real estate professionals and local boards/associations in New York State. Explore NYSAR’s 2018–2020 Strategic Plan below:
NYSAR is the most trusted and influential advocate for real estate business interests and private property rights in New York State.
- Proactively develop and expand opportunities to address local regulatory and legislative issues in partnership with local associations.
- Fully utilize REALTOR® Party resources.
- Engage consumers in our grassroots advocacy efforts.
NYSAR continually raises the bar of professionalism for New York brokers, agents, appraisers, and REALTOR® associations.
- Deliver timely, innovative and market-driven education programs that expand member’s business skills, promote risk management and increase professional competence.
- Work with local boards to ensure an effective and compliant professional standards enforcement program that includes regional and statewide options.
- Expand and strengthen our cooperative leadership development efforts.
NYSAR engages with industry partners and consumers in order to create timely programs and services that meet the demands of a rapidly evolving marketplace.
- Gather and analyze more robust member, consumer and market data to better meet the business needs of brokers, agents, associations and MLSs.
- Develop opportunities for brokerages and local associations and MLSs that strengthen cooperation and promote mutually beneficial relationships.
- Expand partnerships with regional industry and advocacy organizations.
NYSAR promotes its unique value and the value of REALTOR® brand to consumers, members, and licensees.
- Be the “Voice for Real Estate,” positioning NYSAR as the preeminent source of information on market data and trends thus elevating member and consumer perception of REALTOR® value.
- Reinforce our value proposition to members and utilize NAR resources to support and strengthen the perception of the REALTOR® brand.
- Promote careers in real estate and the value of being a REALTOR®.