Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource (SFR)
Knowing how to help sellers maneuver the complexities of short sales and help buyers pursue short sale and foreclosure opportunities are not merely good skills to have in today’s market – they are critical. With the proper training, you can use these specialty areas to build your business.
To earn the certification, REALTORS® must:
- Complete the one-day Short Sales & Foreclosures course.
- Take the HAFA Short Sales course or three free, one-hour webinars.
- And, submit a one-time application with fee ($175).
REALTORS® who earn the SFR certification:
- Have access to an electronic toolkit with forms and worksheets.
- Receive customizable marketing materials.
- Have access to an exclusive online networking environment for SFRs.
- Have access to free webinars.
- Are not subject to annual dues other than REALTOR® membership.
- May be easily located at REALTOR.com by consumers and at REALTOR.org for referrals. Visit the new website: realtorsfr.org for additional information.
Short Sales and Foreclosure: What Buyer’s Representatives Need to Know
Provides the framework for understanding how to qualify sellers for short sales; develop a short sale package; negotiate with lenders; tap into buyer demand; safeguard commissions; limit risk; and protect buyers. This course also provides elective credit for the ABR designation.
CE credit: 6 hours
Cost: $125 members/$350 non-members
Upcoming 2023 courses:
- March 27–28
- August 28–29